Skip to main content

Why Photo Planning is Important


Photo planning is important so that it is ensured that I have many photos that I can choose from for my magazine. I need to make sure that I take a variety of different photos meaning I will have some that have people in small groups, large groups, or even alone. Planning to come to events early is also something that should be done. Getting photos from before, during, and after the event will help show the viewers the process of the event. The number of photographers that you have needs to be planned and where each of these photographers is assigned to in the event to take photos. Other things that are important to plan for are to
- anticipate the moment
- move in close
- keep the ball in shot
 
Below is an example of moving in close.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Practice Spread

Around the end of January, I created a practice spread about myself to help me prepare for my final spread for my magazine. Completing this spread helped me get a sense of putting all of my photos, captions, secondary coverage, and article altogether to create something that looks presentable and is completed.   Working on this practice spread helped me experiment with the different ways I could use fonts and colors in my headline, subheadline, and secondary coverage titles. Practice using the three types of spacing (micro, conventional, and macro) came out of making this spread as well. After completing this spread for practice, it helped me realize the things that I need to work on such as having more of a color theme, a better dominant photo, and making sure I can fit my article and captions in their spaces on the spread. Below is a picture of my completed practice spread.

Designing a Table of Contents

Soon after creating my magazine cover, in mid-November, I worked on my table of contents. Many examples of tables of content from famous magazines were provided for me to help me create my own. Here are a few of them… These examples helped me realize that several things needed to be included in my table of contents which was… - A Title - Publishing Information  - Photos - Captions - Margins - Design Elements - White Space - Spacing (Macro, Conventional, and Micro) - Folio

Designing a Layout

By the middle of October, it was time for me to start thinking about the design layout of my magazine. I began to learn about the many different elements of design. This includes pictures, copy and white space, column designs, external and internal margins, placement of the eyeline, dominant photo, copy area, vertical axis, and captions. After that, I started learning about adding more information to my layout by using secondary coverage, how to use micro, conventional, and macro spacing, and the importance of visual/verbal connections which involves the headline and dominant picture. In early November, I began to study fonts. I completed an assignment where I chose five different types of secondary coverage and then I explained how the different font I chose for each secondary coverage would add contrast, where the text will be placed, how drop and raised caps would be used, if transparency and text-wrapping will be used, and the aligning of the text. Creating a good headline was the ...